Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto 11 edited pictures are shown in reduced size

Hello,

maybe someone has a tip:

I have imported some very important Jpegs from a Nikon D90 to Iphoto. Then right click and edit in external photo editor (Photoshop). After finsihed editing, hit the save button. Closed the photo in Photoshop, and returned to Iphoto, where the new enhanced image show up.

Up to here "everthing normal".

Now, opening a day later Iphoto, I can see the thumbnails of the event (as usual) , BUT when clicking on them, a heavy reduced file size picture shows up for a second, followed by a heavy zoomed in part of the Image. First I thought, okay, at least the high resolution image is still there, and I only have to zoom back with the slider to get it to normal view - but this is not possible. It stays this size.

To save the pictures, I used the function "show edited Picture"in FInder, and so I started Copying them to a separate Folder, in fear i might loose them.

So, pictures are saved, but library is somehow not working right. I also used the "create new thumbnails" function when starting Iphoto with command/alt. But it did not improve anything.

Any idea how to fix it?

Regards

Michael

Macbook Pro, none

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 12:58 AM

16 replies

Jan 19, 2013 1:03 AM in response to mkmichaelmk

Michael

There have been a couple of reports of this for images edited in PS and it seems to be a display issue rather than a problem with the actual files.

As a Test:

Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch iPhoto. From the resulting menu select 'Create Library'

Import a few pics into this new, blank library. Is the Problem repeated there?

Jan 19, 2013 1:40 AM in response to Yer_Man

Dear Terence,

thanks for your superfast help - i tried it, but everythingworks fine in the new library!

But: One thing is very strange, and I think it might lead us to the key problem:

I made a new library, and imported Canon S90 Jpegs and Nikon D90 Jpegs for a test into it.

Now, both are right-click edited in PS, and when hitting the "save button" in PS there is a major difference:

With Canon Jpegs a pop-up opens asking me for the file size / compression quality. With the Nikon Jpegs, there is no pop-up. It saves nonetheless the file, and it shows up correctly in Iphoto.

Maybe it has to do with the problem...

Jan 19, 2013 3:22 AM in response to mkmichaelmk

UPDATE:

I created a new library, imported some jpegs, and edited them from Iphoto in PS... and first everything was fine.

The files showed up correctly in Iphoto, and could be zoomed in all the way and back.

And now 1 hour later - the same problem !

All edited pictures are showing up in "Megazoom" when clicking on them in Iphoto!

Help urgently needed!

Jan 19, 2013 9:35 AM in response to mkmichaelmk

If you're running Lion or Mt Lion that library folder will be invisible.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Home/Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

Once you make your library folder visible you'll be able to find and delete the iPhoto cache.

OT

Iphoto 11 edited pictures are shown in reduced size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.