Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to take an incoming call by pressing the Home button?

Hi all,

It's winter here in Paris, as in the rest of the Northern Hemisphere, and well, we wear gloves, you know? Mine are made of wool, and when I receive a phone call on my iPhone 4, I have to take at least one glove off to take it. Is there a way to set the Home button or any other physical button on the phone to act as a "Take call" button? I've been looking in the phone settings but came up empty.

iPhone 4, Other OS, Running iOS 5, not on the list...

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 2:08 AM

7 replies

Jan 19, 2013 3:10 AM in response to Malcolm J. Rayfield

Guys, guys... (sigh)

Now, let's be constructive, shall we...? 😁

Malcolm, I see you live in a country even colder than mine, so maybe you're speaking from experience!

No, seriously, wjosten put it plainly: save from jailbreaking my phone, there doesn't seem to be a solution to my "problem". I'm not quite ready to jailbreak my phone yet, but I'm getting closer every day. I love that phone, but there are so many built-in limitations that I'm on the brink of doing it.

Now, this said, it would make for a nice improvement in future versions of the iPhone: let the user set one of the physical controls to take calls.

(As for buying those gloves you guys mention, I like my wool gloves just fine. Plus they're a gift from a loved one)

Is there a way to take an incoming call by pressing the Home button?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.