Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4S is stuck in dock connector mode

Can anyone help my phone is stuck in dock connector mode

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 1:56 AM

4 replies

Sep 17, 2013 9:44 PM in response to Apjrose

I dropped my iPhone 4S into about an inch of beer in a pint glass. Dang it!! The phone was then stuck in dock connector mode and I tried everything I could on the internet to address it. Even kept the phone in a zip lock bag of rice for a couple of day to try and dry it out. Nothing worked.

Finally, I went to Radio Shack and bought some aerosol electronics cleaner and dust remover spray. I sprayed the electronics cleaner into the dock connector opening and scrubbed with a clean toothbrush. I flushed out the cleaner with the air spray and repeated the process. After my final air spray to dry out the connector, I let it set for a few hours, When I turned it back on, viola, my phone is back to normal.

I hope this experience helps out someone as desperate as I was to find a solution. Good luck out there.

My iPhone 4S is stuck in dock connector mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.