Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock rotation doesn't work

I just got my new iPad a few days ago (iPad4). I tried to lock rotation, checked lock rotation in the settings, checked multitasking bar, but I still can't lock rotation. Besides, the symbols for either mute or lock rotation also never appears in the multitasking bar. I already checked the basic troubleshooting for lock rotation, but can't find anything helpful. What else can I try? It has become frustrating... So, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

iPad, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 2:53 AM

6 replies

Jan 19, 2013 3:16 AM in response to Diavonex

Thanks, Diavonex, for your response. I read the rotation lock page on apple support already, and I tried reset my iPad several times. It still doesn't lock the rotation. Besides, no symbol of lock rotation or mute appears in the multitasking bar. However, after I reset iPad, an additional symbol of music appears in the multitasking bar. I have two music symbols in the bar, but no mute or lock rotation symbol. And the lock rotation still doesn't work 😟 Any other advice I would try?

Lock rotation doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.