Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attach multiple files to an email in a single step?

Hello,

I know this has been asked by others previously, but no one was able to answer. However, previously the users didn't provide enough information, so I'm not yet convinced it can't be done.

Is there a way to attache multiple files to an email message in a single step? I want to be able to use a shortcut to select lots of files to attach, rather than have to go back into my email message and attach each one individually.

The email I am using is yahoo. I've tried both Safari and Firefox and it makes no difference. I am using Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5.

So to reiterate the problem - I want to attach multiple files at once to an email message I want to send. I have tried to do the following:

1. Select 'Attach file" in my email message

2. In 'Finder' I have found a list of files I want to attach

3. I can only select one file at a time and "choose" them individually - I have 16 files. I have tried holding down the SHIFT key and selecting the last file in the list. I have also tried holding down the COMMAND key and selecting each file in turn. Nothing works!

Is there a way to do this on a Mac??

Many thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 6:41 AM

You are using a web browser to do this mail stuff?

I don't know if there is anything you can do that you haven't already done/tried in the attach dialog window (others may have more insight).

If you were using the Apple Mail program to interact with Yahoo (rather than a web browser) you could simply select multiple files and attach them in the manner you desire.

A workaround might be this: select all the files you want to attach. Control click on them and select "Compress". This makes a single zip file containing all the would-be attached files. Attach the zip file, etc.

charlie

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2013 6:41 AM in response to NewmacLisa

You are using a web browser to do this mail stuff?

I don't know if there is anything you can do that you haven't already done/tried in the attach dialog window (others may have more insight).

If you were using the Apple Mail program to interact with Yahoo (rather than a web browser) you could simply select multiple files and attach them in the manner you desire.

A workaround might be this: select all the files you want to attach. Control click on them and select "Compress". This makes a single zip file containing all the would-be attached files. Attach the zip file, etc.

charlie

Feb 23, 2013 11:20 AM in response to NewmacLisa

Hello NewmacLisa, I'm having this same issue attaching multiple docs in yahoo mail. I've been having this problem since the last yahoo mail update, and I just found out why. Now Yahoo wants you to use their "attach large files" application (free of charge), where you can select a folder or multiple files at a time to be attached in an email you are composing. It is ridiculous!

To access "Attach large files" you can go to the applications section on the left column, click on it and accept their terms. You can also access that app directly from the attachment icon in the mail pane by clicking the arrow next to the attachement icon (paper clip).

I haven't used the app yet but I am guessing that the recipient will have to use the same app to be able to see the attachments.... not sure.

Hope this helps.

Attach multiple files to an email in a single step?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.