Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Vault Crash

One of my aperture vaults is no longer backing up photos and when I try it crashes Aperture and causes Aperture to be rebuilt. Another vault works fine, so unlikely to be the program but the vault. Any ideas on what to do?

Presumably delete the dodgy vault and make a new one? Or is there a more simple fix known?

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 6:43 AM

3 replies

Jan 19, 2013 8:43 AM in response to Demonlawyer

The quickest thing to do is to create a new vault. As vaults are just snapshots of the current sate of the library nothing will be lost by doing this.

Of course trying to figure out what happened would be nice. If you have the room you can leave the bad vault in place for now and try and troubleshoot it later.

One question I have, have you tried to recover from the bad vault and if so what happened?

Jan 20, 2013 2:10 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Hmm, this one is odd. I deleted the old vault and created a new one one the same external drive and it hit the same problem. I used Disk Utility which confirmed there was nothing wrong with the external drive. I then rebuilt the Aperture links using Opt-Alt keys when opening Aperture.

I haven't restored from backup, only because my current library is more up to date and I wouldn't want to lose latest photos etc when its the backup drive that's experiencing problems. I have however created an additional backup drive now on a different external drive and that works fine.

Sounds like it's an issue with the external drive maybe, but Disk Utility can't find any problems. I might just stop using it anyway just to be sure.

All very odd.

Aperture Vault Crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.