Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emac Startup Issue

I was working on an Emac today to install a wireless card. It was plugged in and off, so I tipped it back to get to the CD drive, when I heard a sound (not sure how to describe it). Now the emac will not start. I have unplugged the cord and am letting it sit for 15 minutes, and have reset the PMU. The only thing I did notice is the air around it smells sort of fried (not sure if thats the right word or not), so I'm hoping I didn't fry the motherboard. But any suggestions on what happened and/or how to fix it would be appreciated!

eMac-OTHER

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 8:51 AM

5 replies

Jan 19, 2013 8:35 PM in response to BDAqua

BD wrote:

I used to have a link to a place in oregon that rebuilds eMac PSUs, but lost it.

I think that's Synaptech in Eugene OR. They were the only place that did a bad cap repair rather than a logic board swapout, and the cost was reasonbale as long as you didn't have to ship a 50+ pound eMac across the country.

However, I can't get their web site to come up today.

http://synaptech.com/

They went down for months last year then can back up about Sept. Don't know it they are stll a going concern.

Emac Startup Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.