Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture & Final Cut compatible? Aperture VS Adobe Lightroom?

Aperture VS Adobe LightRoom?

I have 27" Mac Pro, 17" Mac BookPor & iPhone 4S.

I'm researching the two and wonder which would be best. I'm a Fine Art Photographer and have 3 years of a huge inventory of images all messed up in iPhoto and thrown into folders on my desktop. I dislike iPhoto soooo much. I'm in desperate need to organize my inventory so I can move on with my work! Help! Advice pu-lease.

Are Aperture & Final Cut compatible?

I have Final Cut Pro on my 27" Mac Pro.

I have PhotoShop Elements 9 on my 17" MacBook Pro. I want to stop using it.

Looking for compatible software to use with my Final Cut Pro.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iCloud not setup yet.

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 11:42 AM

What does "software to use with my Final Cut Pro" actually mean? Is it FCP? or FCP X?

iPhoto and Aperture are both equally compatible with FCP, but if it's the older version you use then you'll be exporting from your Photo Manager and bring the images into FCP.

If you have FCP X either will make images available to it via the Media Browser in FCP X.

So, no difference there.

Lightroom has no interaction with either version of FCP, so you'll be exporting from that to the Finder and then adding to the FCP project.

As for which is better - that's really personal preference. It might help if you explain what it is you dislike about iPhoto, and what you're actually looking for in a Photo Manager.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2013 11:42 AM in response to Megmk

What does "software to use with my Final Cut Pro" actually mean? Is it FCP? or FCP X?

iPhoto and Aperture are both equally compatible with FCP, but if it's the older version you use then you'll be exporting from your Photo Manager and bring the images into FCP.

If you have FCP X either will make images available to it via the Media Browser in FCP X.

So, no difference there.

Lightroom has no interaction with either version of FCP, so you'll be exporting from that to the Finder and then adding to the FCP project.

As for which is better - that's really personal preference. It might help if you explain what it is you dislike about iPhoto, and what you're actually looking for in a Photo Manager.

Aperture & Final Cut compatible? Aperture VS Adobe Lightroom?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.