Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 speakers shut off.

I recently bought my new 16 gb Black iphone 5 (A1429) from verizon a few days before christmas. I started to realize that when i play music or if the sounds of my games are on, its like the speakers blow out. i have to shut my phone off and turn it back on to get them working again. I rather of stayed with my 4s knowing that a new "better" model of the IPHONE!! is not working properly. I was wondering if this issue is happening to anyone else and to see if i would be able to get a new phone from apple or verizon because of this manufaturing defect.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 9:13 PM

Why not take it to the Apple Store and see what they say? They can do diagnostics and give you options.

3 replies

Mar 10, 2013 2:32 PM in response to ARP26

I fixed the problem with the speakers by inserting earphones in and quickly taking them out and then blowing air forcefully into the speaker. During the process play music. It started working immediately and I could hear music playing but stopped working in a minute or so. I repeated it and it restarted again for another minute. It proves that the problem is mechanical (with hardware). It's apparently too sensitive to either dust or moisture in the air or something else.

Apr 25, 2013 4:31 PM in response to ARP26

i have the same problem with my iphone 5 recently purchased phone and my speakers had suddenly gone when i was chatting with my bf so it felt like it had fused out and i am going to apple store to get a replacement as its not been a year and i can hear music through ear phones but not out loud and worried so will be getting phone sorted asap out.

Iphone 5 speakers shut off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.