Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I update OS X 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 after installation?

I recently purchased Mac OS X 10.6 and got version 10.6.3.I expected to get version 10.6.8. Can I update to 10.6.8 after installation?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 11:39 AM

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1

10 replies

Jan 19, 2013 11:40 AM in response to nanwalt

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

You can update to 10.6.8 for free. Just open  > Software Update and install the available updates. I recommend to install it from Software Update instead of downloading it from Support webpage because you will install all the available updates apart from Mac OS X 10.6.8, so your system will be up-to-date after running Software Update

Oct 8, 2013 6:38 PM in response to nanwalt

Hello,

I am trying to install 10.6.8 on a computer which is not connected to the internet.

How do I get from 10.6, which I had to purchase on a disc due to the fricking new IOS on my phone, to 10.6.8.

I downloaded what I thought was 10.6.8 update, and it said "you need to have 10.6.7". This is infuriating.

I'd like to get my music back onto my Iphone soon.

Thanks

May 23, 2015 8:34 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you Eric,

That helped me to get to 10.6.8

But then when I try to run Software Update, it seems to download a bunch of updates (773 MB) and then at restart it gives me the blank desktop again

I wonder if I'll ever be able to make the updates work again, it was working great on my previous Snow Leopard system (->yesterday!)

May 23, 2015 8:44 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you Roger, so there is no point in running Software Update anymore on this system: D'Oh! 🙂

I am bit of a mess trying to get my music production software (PT10) work with my soundcard (Focusrite 18i8). But these two are from two different timeframes, so I'm having a hard time finding the OS that could enable both to work at the same time.

I've tried Yosemite for two weeks, with a numbre of unpleasant surprises, so I'm back to square 1 (Snow Leopard) and trying to find another OS.

I'm looking for an upgrade to Mavericks(not sure if it is possible to find it), but I might have to open a new thread for that.

Big thanks for all the help: it made me save a lot of time!

Can I update OS X 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 after installation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.