Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari 6.02 add bookmark (cmd+d) not working properly

When I try to save an open website to a bookmark folder using CMD+D the pop up window starting with >add this page to< shows the current page highlighted in blue. In the past the first dropdown line where all my bookmark folders are listed used to be automatically being marked with a frame and I would just start typing a folders name to jump directly to the destination where the page needed to be saved.

This does not longer happen. I can still click on the bookmark folder dropdown window and type over the current folder but this is an extra step. I want Safari to act as it did before. Just hit CMD+D, then the automatically highligted dropdown window for the bookmark folder show and I can type right over it and hit the return key to save it.

How can I force Safari to do go back to this exact procedure instead of showing me the highlighting current webpage ( blue blackground ) in the second line of the pop up window every time I try to save a page? It is very annoying to me.

I have already replaced the safari plist to no avail. My iMac 27 shows the exact same Safari preference setting as my problematic MBA and works just the way I want it. Any ideas?

This is the annoying way:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

and this is how it used to be and still is on my iMac27

User uploaded file

Message was edited by: nyappleman

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 256 SSD, 1.8 GHz (i7)

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 10:53 AM

There are no replies.

safari 6.02 add bookmark (cmd+d) not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.