Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to have airport express join airport extreme network.

My airport extreme network is up and running.

I have an airport express that is connected to a printer. I want to join the extreme network.

The manuals say to open Airport Utility and click on the airport extreme and then select set up manually, but I don't get such an option when I click on my airport extreme.

any advice appreciated

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 11:54 AM

Those manuals are referring to AirPort Utility 5.6. You have 6.0.

I assume you want to set your Express to wirelessly extend your Extreme? If so, go to the AirPort fan at the top right hand corner of your screen and select "AirPort Express...". Then open AirPort Utility. Follow the steps to set up your Express.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2013 11:54 AM in response to living the dream in Montana

Those manuals are referring to AirPort Utility 5.6. You have 6.0.

I assume you want to set your Express to wirelessly extend your Extreme? If so, go to the AirPort fan at the top right hand corner of your screen and select "AirPort Express...". Then open AirPort Utility. Follow the steps to set up your Express.

Trying to have airport express join airport extreme network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.