Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recorded an interview done via Skype with Garageband. The problem is that I had my headphones on. So, when I play the recording, all I hear is my voice and not the other person's voice. PLEASE HELP!

I did an interview via Skype and recorded it with Garageband. The problem is that I had my headphones on. So, now, when I play the recording, all I hear is my voice and not the other person's voice. I need to tell Garageband to play me what was going into the headphones the whole time the interview went on. This is an inportant interview. PLEASE HELP!

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 12:57 PM

3 replies

Jan 19, 2013 1:57 PM in response to pleaseineedyourhelp

The problem is that I had my headphones on. So, now, when I play the recording, all I hear is my voice and not the other person's voice.

GarageBand will not have recorded what you were hearing in the headphones. You were recording, what the microphone was picking up, and that is only your voice - I think there is no hope to recover what your interview partner said.

Regards

Léonie

Jan 20, 2013 7:30 AM in response to Christoph Drösser

In the future, and for anyone reading this looking for help always test new software, setup or gear before you use it in a project.

Also most podcasters that record remotely will have the remote person also record their end of the conversation. The file is then shared and synced with the interviewer's audio track. And if you don't want to mix the extra track you always have a backup.

I recorded an interview done via Skype with Garageband. The problem is that I had my headphones on. So, when I play the recording, all I hear is my voice and not the other person's voice. PLEASE HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.