- iTunes Match is limited to 25,000 songs.
- iTunes Store purchases made with the same Apple ID being used for iTunes Match do not count towards the 25,000 song limit.
- Unmatched content will be uploaded as is; upload time varies depending on the amounts uploaded and local network speeds.
- Song files over 200 MB will not be uploaded to iCloud.
- Songs containing DRM (Digital Rights Management) will not be matched or uploaded to iCloud unless your computer is authorized for playback of that content.
About file formats
- Songs encoded in ALAC, WAV, or AIFF will be transcoded to a separate temporary AAC 256 Kbps file locally, prior to uploading to iCloud. The original files will remain untouched.
- Songs encoded as AAC or MP3 that do not meet certain quality criteria will not be matched or uploaded to iCloud.
A lot has been written on this about this topic on this forum. Often there is no apparent reason why some tracks match and others don't.
Usually this involves older CDs not matching with re-mastered versions. Sonic differences, different track lengths and remixes are the main reason.
Whilst you encoded your tapes at 192kpbs, the overall quality would still be a lot poorer than the first CD's. How did you convert them to digital format? Did you get any tracks to match?