Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

See all purchased apps in my iTunes

Hi,

what I am trying to do is to see all apps that I have purchased on my windows machine. Not just the ones that I have downloaded to the local machine. I have 100s of apps by now and it is difficult to browse through them on my iPad or iPhone.

If it is not possible, can export a list of all my apps?

What I would like to do for example is to see all my education related apps for my little daughter.

Kind Regards and thanks for any help,

Petr

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 4:04 PM

10 replies

Jan 20, 2013 12:22 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi,

Thank you for your advice.

Im aware of this option but let me be mo specific. I want to be able to filter the apps just for education or utilities etc.. The functionality on the purchased page is next to none. Also when i use iTunes on my desktop I can see only apps that I have downloaded to the computer not all purchased (for example downloaded and already deleted on iPhone or iPad)

Hope this makes sense. I have searched the web but could not find any answer or similar problem. Maybe my iTunes is set up incorrectly?

Pete

Jan 20, 2013 1:24 AM in response to sychracek

There is a search feature within the Purchased > Apps section, but sadly it doesn't filter on the Genre/Category properly. Given iTunes 11's ability to list previous media purchases "in the cloud" but not in your local library one might have expected that they would do the same for apps, but no. Best I can suggest is that you download all your past purchases and tick Edit > Preferences > General > Show list views for all media. Before doing so connect each device and on the device's Apps tab make sure to untick Automatically include new apps.

tt2

Dec 31, 2015 10:27 AM in response to turingtest2

I think most are aware of this but it really doesnt get at the limitation I think people want to get around.

I want to see as an attribute of the file (not just by one by one using get info, which for lots of apps is not practical) who is the purchaser.

That way I can find all the apps on itunes on my various PCs that belong to me or my wife or my kids account.

I want to stop the silliness that occurs when trying to load an app only to find out that it is not the one I put on my machine but the one my wife put on the machine. So updates wont ask me for her password etc. I just restored a phone and oh my god its a night mare going on 3 hours now of trying to insure only my apps are on my phone.

Itunes needs to show clearly by account what apps are which and allow me to clean this up.

Feb 12, 2016 1:20 PM in response to mj_remote

You need to use iTunes Feedback.

I only recently set up family sharing. Previously my kids bought everything on my account. Family Sharing still needs work. I can download an app that one of my children has bought to either iTunes or my devices, but I cannot sync because my computer isn't authorized to their account. I've authorized each of theirs to get things working for them but one would have thought that the whole point was not to have to continually share passwords with each other. 😕

tt2

See all purchased apps in my iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.