Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get iTunes 64 bit to install on Windows 8?

Downloaded 64 bit installer but it doesn't install?

Gateway NV56R14 Laptop-OTHER, Other OS, Windows 8

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 5:17 PM

10 replies

Jan 19, 2013 6:53 PM in response to rgill_98

I have that problem too. The file just sits in the Download folder and when I double-click on it - it does nothing. I have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions like deleting all of the downloads and restarting the computer, changing the security for pop-ups, saving to a different folder and Apple support wants a serial number from my computer to set up a call and then doesn't accept the one I give them. The frustration level is high!

Jan 19, 2013 11:36 PM in response to LuannefromSC

I have a similar problem. Have a iPod nano which I haven't been able to use for months because I can't get iTunes to work on my laptop...... sad, I know.

I have Windows 7, and the first time I downloaded iTunes it told me I needed to download the 64-bit version. So I did. But it still doesn't work 😟

Anyone know how to fix this? When I click on the icon, it just says "iTunes has stopped working".

Here are the details from the pop up window:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: iTunes.exe

Application Version: 10.6.3.25

Application Timestamp: 4fd16377

Fault Module Name: QuickTime.qts

Fault Module Version: 6.1.0.16

Fault Module Timestamp: 3e81354f

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0013b178

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 5129

Additional Information 1: 87ab

Additional Information 2: 87abfdde4e44868a2d32f6948e899598

Additional Information 3: 11bb

Additional Information 4: 11bb5bdb1c89c66451103ff159a29cac

Jan 22, 2013 5:03 PM in response to rgill_98

Good news: I read on-line that Media Player needed to be installed in Windows 8 then iTunes would install.

I installed MP and volia, iTunes did install, imported music and plays w/o a hitch...thats the good news...

Bad news: It doesn't recognize my iTouch 4 (OS 6) which is the very reason I needed iTunes in the first place, to maintain and b/u my iTouch...ugh. If it's not one thing it's another.

Anybody have any idea's on what I might try next?

How to get iTunes 64 bit to install on Windows 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.