Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't keep inbox order???

I just finally got a new Mac with Mountain Lion (from Tiger) and am having some real issues with some of the goofy things that seem to be happening (or not happening as the case may be.)

Why can I not keep my inboxes (I have over 100 email accounts I manage) in the order which I want them? In Tiger you simply did this by ordering the accounts in Mail Preferences. Now it doesn't seem to matter. It will let me do that, but then the order seems to change based on whichever was the last email account to get mail.

It is VERY annoying! Is there no way to fix this? Its bad enough I'm having to completely re-create 12 years worth of mail folders, iTunes, Photos, and lost all of my Safari & Firefox preferences (because this apparently cannot migrate from Tiger as was promised)....

Also, why do email drafts all appear with the number as if they are "unread" regardless of if they are read or not? It is being irritating. I use drafts all the time and usually have over 100 of them and don't want to see a bunch of numbers making me think I have unopened emails....

Any help is greatly appreciated.

All whining aside, it really is a phenomenal machine and step up from what I was tolerating with my old Tiger....

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 5:32 PM

There are no replies.

Can't keep inbox order???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.