Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP 6500A plus no airprint after ZTE modem router installation

My airprint hp 6500 printer used to workmlike a charm with my old fritz! Modem router. After changing to vdsl from my greek provider OTE TELECOMS they game a zte modem router and all **** broke loose!

My two computers, vaio laptop and a macmini, would sometimes find the printer and my ipad and iphone would connect to it only if i rebooted the printer and for a limited time afterwards....

Any ideas?

I,ve read about bonjour issues about the zte modem router. Could this be the case? The model is. ZTE Zxdsl 931 Vii

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 10:49 PM

7 replies

Apr 26, 2013 5:27 AM in response to dascavar

Hi,

The issue more likely being cause due to Bonjour issues or lack of support, AirPrint relies on Bonjour and therefore uses Multicasting.

Try enabling IGMP multicast support within your router configuration, reboot the router and check if that may help.

You may find more information by seraching for IGMP in the router's user guide below:

http://personal.inet.fi/private/micax/931WII%20VDSL2%20Modem%20User%20Manual%20V 2.0.pdf

If you keep facing this kind of issues I would suggest contacting the router service provider, ensure the router fully support multicasting and ensure you have the latest firmware installed.

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Jun 3, 2013 6:13 PM in response to ShlomiL

Hi Shmoli,

I have the same problem here and have tried to enable IGMP multicast support as per your suggestion, but couldn't find it in the router's admin pages. The manual included in the last post is unfortunately outdated and IGMP was nowhere to be found. I found a wind.gr user manual, but it still wouldn't help trying to find where to change this config.

Under the application tab one can only find the following options:

DDNS

DMZ Host

UPnP

UPnP Port Mapping

Port Forwarding

DNS Service

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

HP 6500A plus no airprint after ZTE modem router installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.