Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I take a screenshot on my macbook?

I would like to know how to take a screenshot on my 2006 Macbook since i can not get it to attach wirelessly to my printer. I would like to take a screenshot and send it to my pc to print, but i do not know how. If anyone does please let me know. Thank you.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 5:54 AM

2 replies

Jan 20, 2013 5:56 AM in response to T_LusherSmith

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

To take a screenshot, press:

- Command, Shift and 3 keys > take a screenshot of the whole display.

- Command, Shift and 4 keys > take a screenshot of one portion of the display.

- Command, Shift, 4 and Space keys > take a screenshot of a window.

On Mac OS X Snow Leopard, it's not possible to use AirPrint, but if you have the printer attached to a network, you can access to it wirelessly. Another option is to use Bonjour on your PC and share the printer with your Mac

Sep 16, 2014 12:59 AM in response to T_LusherSmith

Two options available for you:

Using keyboard shortcuts - Pressing "Shift"+"Command"+3/4 to screenshot whole screen or selected area.

Using professional screenshot tools like Jing, Skitch, Grab for Mac to snapshot anything displayed on your Macbook.

While, if you wanna take screenshot of whole web page, then this Webpage Screenshot Capture is a better choice. You can easily get a thumbnail of the screen you want to capture.

How do I take a screenshot on my macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.