Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send email in Entourage, only receive

Recently my email via Entourage (Comcast accout) has stopped sending and only receives. Have talked to Comcast, we tried several things like changing ports and such, to no avail. I can sign in to my Comcast account onliner and both send and receive, but using Enourage I can only receive.

When I try to send an email via Entourage it sits in the out folder until I get an error message "An operation on the server timed out. The server may be down, overloaded, or there may be too much net traffic." All not true.

Going to my Comcast web page an accessing the email I can both send and receive. But, as an experiement, I copied the text field from my Enourage account and pasted it into the Comcast web mail text field and got the following:

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000149 EndHTML:0000000318 StartFragment:0000000199 EndFragment:0000000284 StartSelection:0000000199 EndSelection:0000000284 Test test test

Now, in the Entourage mail field the text before "Test test test" does not show. I don't know if there is an indication of anything.

Any ideas?

I am on a G5, older PowerPC version running OS10.4.11. But, up until about 2 months ago, everything as running fine. The email sends from the Comcast web site, from my iPad and from my iPhones. JUST not the G5. arrrgh!

G5

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 5:37 AM

7 replies

Jan 21, 2013 9:01 AM in response to Mike Braun

As Entourage is not an Apple product and I get the impressions not a lot of people around here use it, I think your issues can be more quickly resolved by asking in Microsoft's Office:Mac forums here:

Office for Mac forums

They are very helpful and employees of MS's Mac Busines Unit commonly help there.

Be sure to include which version of Office Mac you have when posting there. I think your choices that include Entourage are:

<> Office X

<> Office 2004

<> Office 2008

Ofifce 2008 is the highest version that will run on an PowerPC Mac like your G5.

Feb 15, 2013 3:05 PM in response to Mike Braun

I'm having exact problem you 1st posted about (mac, entourage, comcast, can recieve not send mail). I see you figured it out-I'm not tech savvy so I have no idea how to change the port or what that even means : "when I change the port for that user, viola! The emails began to fly!". I am also not the default comcast user...

would appreciate any help you can offer.

thanks!

Can't send email in Entourage, only receive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.