Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Official Apple Feedback On Acknowledged Issues

Is there anywhere that Apple provides information on issues it’s looking at, and not just bugs etc? This forum appears to have a lot of people unhappy with the latest iTunes update and I just wondered whether there was anything Apple publishes to acknowledge issues they are looking at and intending to fix at some point.

It’ll save the like of me looking for an alternative if I know something is in the offing in the near future.

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 6:56 AM

16 replies

Jan 20, 2013 8:20 AM in response to roaminggnome

You'd think it would be in their interests to publish this as otherwise if people don't know they may just find an alternative? I'm not suggesting they give away trade secrets but a simple acknowledgment that if users are not liking some of the new functionality they'd simply acknowledge the issues, identify themselves how to overcome them (rather than rely on a user forum) and state whether or not some of the missing functionality is going to be reinstated at the next scheduled upgrade.

At least that way we'd know whether they were actually listening or bothered about what users think and actively pursuing remedies to the situation.

Jan 20, 2013 11:56 AM in response to the fiend

It doesn't make for good business sense to me to adopt that approach. What you've said kind of infers that some companies do give feedback and I know which I'd sooner deal with. People will simply look for alternatives if the product doesn't deliver what they want with no understanding as to whether lost functionality will be restored anytime soon.

Jan 20, 2013 12:17 PM in response to AIB01

Note this is a user support forum. Satisfied users very rarely pop in to say how much they enjoy using the latest update, though it does happen.

From the TOU...

Submissions

Stay on topic. Apple Support Communities is here to help people use Apple products and technologies more effectively. Unless otherwise noted, do not add Submissions about nontechnical topics, including:

1. Speculations or rumors about unannounced products.
  2. Discussions of Apple policies or procedures or speculation on Apple decisions.

What is the missing feature issue you have a problem with? We, your fellow users, might be able to suggest a workaround. If you want to suggest to Apple that it is restored, do so via iTunes Feedback. They do take notice of feedback, though rarely reply to individual submissions.

tt2

Jan 20, 2013 12:20 PM in response to AIB01

If you look on here you'll see various posts about the functionality of the new iTunes. I accept that not all things will suit everybody but for me I'm not keen on the new layout but the fact that counters don't work unless you turn other things off is a pain. Likewise how the album artwork is displayed now is poor, the whole thing is slower and DJ has gone. Nothing that is the end of the world if Apple is working on a fix in the near future or you can easily revert back to the previous version without issue. However there appears to be nothing available officially and I now don't appear to be able to revert back as my library has changed extensively over the last month or so.

Jan 20, 2013 12:46 PM in response to AIB01

Having set myself up to have this post removed as speculation I would suggest that neither CoverFlow nor iTunes DJ will make a comeback. Up Next and/or a suitable smart playlist provide the same functionality for the latter. Issues with counters will probably get fixed following constuctive feedback or bug reports in the next build or two.

If you were to roll back your installation to the last build you would need to restore the library that was updgraded at the time. Scanning the media folder for new media isn't too difficult. If there is other metadata such as recent ratings, play counts and play dates that you really want to apply I have tools for exporting and importing the same...

tt2

Jan 20, 2013 1:22 PM in response to AIB01

Take note of the text that appears after my name...

AIB01 wrote:

It doesn't make for good business sense to me to adopt that approach.

Never-the-less, that's the approach you have - and they're the ones with the successful business, not you!

Live with it.

AIB01 wrote:

People will simply look for alternatives if the product doesn't deliver what they want with no understanding as to whether lost functionality will be restored anytime soon.

While that may be true (and personally, I doubt very much if you're really going to put your expensive Apple product to one side and go out and buy something else), you may have been better off if you had explained exactly what it was that you were trying to do, and then asking how to do it, instead of assuming that everything is a bug or that your moaning about it will get it altered to your preferred way.

In this post, you spend far too much effort worrying about "various other posts"...

User uploaded file

You created this one. Make use of it to possibly solve your concerns instead of the five posts (so far) that still haven't detailed your issues.

Alternatively, if you really don't like things as they are, take your own advice and go elsewhere.

Jan 21, 2013 8:18 AM in response to the fiend

The Fiend, did you not read my post and those many others on here unhappy with the current version of iTunes? I was mereley asking the question if Apple do provide some sort of outlet whereby they detail known issues, user feedback and what's happening with them. It would appear they don't despite being a company that prides itself on being different and better than the rest. All they provide is a forum for those that have paid good money to them over the years try and sort out issues themselves and share that information with similalrly afflicted users. Turns out they're actually not as good as others out there.

Jan 21, 2013 9:08 AM in response to AIB01

AIB01 wrote:

The Fiend, did you not read my post and those many others on here unhappy with the current version of iTunes?

Oh, I did. Trust me, I did.

But despite being given the same answer several times, you insist on continuing to harp on about this. This is in spite of tt2 drawing your attention to one of Apple's Terms of Use of this forum, to which you agreed to abide when you signed up to it. Apple after all, host this site, they own the space you're using.

To remind you;

User uploaded file

In simple terms, this means that you agreed not to use this community to question Apple's decisions.

Now - which bit of that did you not read?

Jan 21, 2013 10:43 AM in response to the fiend

The Fiend, I think it were you that was stating facts as to Apple's position without any evidence to back it up and therefore mere speculation, it was also you asking for information on what issues I have and thereby taking the thread off-track. Again a simple question as to whether Apple offers some basic feedback for users who raise or experience issues was the nub of it, nothing else.

Some tough love for you - your input isn't in the least helpful and if you have nothing useful to contribute simply don’t!

Official Apple Feedback On Acknowledged Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.