Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Use FaceTime, iMessage, or Games (Reg. Error)

Since I bought and installed Mountain Lion I cannot Use my Facetime App, iMessage and Games, I keep getting the same Orange

Text Message saying approx. "Apple ID Registration to Server failed. Please try again later." Yet everything else I use my Apple

ID for (App Store, Support, iTunes, etc.) works just fine. I've run Onyx, Repaired Permissions with no luck.

Also Updated to 10.8.2 (same problem exists)

Thank you all so very much for any and all ideas you geniuses might have for me!

Sincerely, Robert H.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), Mail Version 5.2

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 12:41 PM

Hi,

AS far as I can make out FaceTime and the iMessages Account in Messages use different Servers.

I would suspect the Games Center also has it's own server.

We have noticed issues with Registering iMessages accounts if the Serial Number is missing on the Mac.

Apple Icon Menu > About this Mac.

Now click the OS level line twice (Once to Build number and then to Serial Number)

If it is missing you will need an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider to "flash" the info to the Logic board (sometime gets forgotten on Repair or Refurb).

User uploaded file
8:40 PM Sunday; January 20, 2013

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2013 12:41 PM in response to MacAwesome88

Hi,

AS far as I can make out FaceTime and the iMessages Account in Messages use different Servers.

I would suspect the Games Center also has it's own server.

We have noticed issues with Registering iMessages accounts if the Serial Number is missing on the Mac.

Apple Icon Menu > About this Mac.

Now click the OS level line twice (Once to Build number and then to Serial Number)

If it is missing you will need an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider to "flash" the info to the Logic board (sometime gets forgotten on Repair or Refurb).

User uploaded file
8:40 PM Sunday; January 20, 2013

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Feb 16, 2013 10:27 AM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

Not sure how or why but suddenly everything works.... I added my workplace Apple ID to the Users & Groups System Preference Loggin into Facetimes and i Message then I switched back to my Own Apple ID and everything Works! Even got an email from Apple saying that I had logged into Facetime on my Mac Book Pro under my own Apple ID.... go figure!

Thank you all for the Suggestions

Robert

Feb 16, 2013 11:53 AM in response to MacAwesome88

User uploaded file for the Points User uploaded file

User uploaded file
7:53 PM Saturday; February 16, 2013

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Cannot Use FaceTime, iMessage, or Games (Reg. Error)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.