Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sort by "version #"

I have Aperture 3.2.4. I am working on a project with about 1300 photos. Somehow I now have duplicates ("-Version 2") of every photo. Problem is that some of the version 2's I crated intetntionally while editing originals. Others have just appeared (though I am sure I did something to create them). I want to delete the most recent "-Version 2" without having to go one-by-one. Cannot seem to sort by the creation date of the version. Tried Duplicate Annihalator but it tagged as duplicates many version 1 and version 2 pairs so is not reliable (there are many photos that were taken in rapid fire succession that now have duplicates of each.

Thanks

Jeremy G

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 11:03 AM

If you add the column last modifed date to the list view you could then first narrow the display down to all versions with version 2 in their name and then sort on last modified date.

That might do what you need. There is no creation date for a version unfortunately as far as I can see.

2 replies

Jan 22, 2013 7:48 PM in response to jeremyfromseattle

Thank you for the advice. I learned to use the search function. Searched for "Version 2" and then was able to sort by badge type. The version 2's with a badge indicating that the photo had been edited were ones I intentional ly crated. All other we're the duplicates I did not want and we're able to be removed from the library

How do I sort by "version #"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.