Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I print a image larger than 4x6 directly from iPad's photo application to a HP Air Print printer without a additional app?

Can I print a image larger than 4x6 directly from iPad's photo application to a HP Air Print printer without a additional app?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 11:58 AM

3 replies

Jan 20, 2013 4:46 PM in response to jerryone1942

The short answer is No.

Air print is very limited regarding the size of photos you can print. However, if you get the HP printing app from the app store (free), the app will allow you to choose different sizes of photos you wish to print. I have found this is the only way to change photo size during printing using the iPad.

Jan 20, 2013 5:32 PM in response to jerryone1942

jerryone1942 wrote:

It depends upon the capabilities of your printer. If you have an HP printer with a photo tray then the Photo app will print to whatever size you load in to that tray.

There's some more information here:

Using AirPrint to Print Various Photo Sizes

With other printers the user is given a choice from the printer's loaded paper sizes. You can see an example of that here:

The Many Faces of the iOS Print Panel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.