Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best case for iPad 4th generation?

I'm a brand new iPad owner. I just purchased the 4th generation iPad and have been researching cases. What is the concensus around the best case for the new iPad? Versatile, protective, lightweight, durable, easy to use, etc. I'm not ready for a keyboard case just yet, so really looking for input on just the case. Thanks!

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM)

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 12:04 PM

11 replies

Jan 20, 2013 4:44 PM in response to linzallyn

The choice of the case is very subjective. It really depends on how you use your iPad and what features you need. Telling you what I like won't necessarily solve your problem because you may like something else. Continue your research, purchase a few, and try them out. If you buy from a place like Amazon.com, you might be able to return the ones you don't like.

Jan 20, 2013 4:54 PM in response to Tgara

Good point, Tgara, thank you. I plan to use it when I go to the gym, so having a case where the front folds backward so it's flat is important (but I'd like a case vs. just a cover so the whole thing is protected). But I also like the idea of having the "stand" option for when I fly and want to use it on the plane.

Jan 20, 2013 5:01 PM in response to linzallyn

Well, if you're into leather 😝 , I'm using the Yoobao executive leather case. I like it because it covers the entire iPad, works with the automatic on/off function, and folds into a stand. I have a black one, and I gave my wife the pink one (because she's a girl!). It comes in other colors too. I use mine while I ride my exercise bike. It works very well.

http://www.amazon.com/Co-Brand-Accessorise-Premium-Executive-Genuine/dp/B007NSVN 6C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358729984&sr=8-1&keywords=yoobao+ipad+case+pink

Jan 21, 2013 1:47 PM in response to linzallyn

I agree that it really just depends on what you're looking for. If you just want to stay nice, light and thin, what I do is use an Apple smart cover on the front and then a nice light translucent back cover for the back. I picked up the Caudabe Shell and it works really well because you can hardly notice it when you look at it but it's still strong enough to protect your iPad from drops and scratches.

If you want a full "folio" case, I'd recommend one of the cheap ones from Case Crown or something like that. I personally don't like folio cases because it just detracts from the great feel of the iPad and makes the iPad a lot thicker.

Best case for iPad 4th generation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.