Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv doesn't work on dvd video

Hi, I'm new in the apple world. I'm using the latest apple tv together with a MacBook. The apple tv works fine with music and photos from the MacBooks itunes, the remote app on my iphone works too and shows the airplay icon. However, I can't play videos from the dvd player (no airplay icon). Importing to itunes doesn't work either. Mirroring doesn't work...

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 3:19 PM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

AirPlay Mirroring requires a second-generation Apple TV or later, OS X 10.8 or better and is supported on the following Mac models: iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer).

6 replies

Jan 22, 2013 12:02 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Thank you, Sir Winston. So this means no mirroring with my MacBook 7.1. Does this mean I can't watch movies from my MacBook on apple TV? Maybe if I managed to include the movie to my iTunes mediathek (as music and photos can be played via apple tv using the airplay icon within iTunes) it would work? However, I didn't succeed getting the thing into the mediathek... Do you have a clue? Thanks!

apple tv doesn't work on dvd video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.