Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting up icloud email for Mac Mail in Lion, getting error mssgs

Just updated to OSX Lion (can't use Mountain Lion yet because of other apps). Set up icloud email account. Want to use icloud mail via Mac Mail on computer. Can not set it up.

In the instructions for setting up icloud mail in mac mail, it says log in to icloud and check the "mail" checkbox. But when I do it is unchecked next time I log in. Don't know what to do about that.

On my computer, in mac mail preferences, I click to add a new email account, designate icloud, put in email address, name, password, outgoing mail server, etc. but for incoming mail server, the field is grayed out. It says "mail.example.com". Can't put the icloud incoming mail server in that field. I have deleted the account and readded it over and over and over.

Sometimes it will autopopulate that incoming mail server field with a number and mail server info, but still greyed out. When it does and I try to exit and save the account settings, get an error message saying it can't save with a blank incoming mail server field.

I have spend way too much time trying to do what should be a 5 minute or less task. Can anyone help?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 3:43 PM

1 reply

setting up icloud email for Mac Mail in Lion, getting error mssgs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.