Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Airport Express

My Apple Airport Express is not working? I have configured it to Join my wireless network (U-Verse) just so that I can connect it to some speakers and use airplay, but after i configure the airport express, all it does it have a flashing amber light? I know this worked because I had it working at my old house for a very long time, but now when i wanted to move it and connect it to my new network at my new apartment, it will not connect and my iphone and itunes wont pick it up? What can be done?

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 7:25 PM

8 replies

Jan 20, 2013 10:29 PM in response to rgaynor23

Dear rgaynor23,

This will seem like a very silly question, but have you tried entering the AirPort Utility (found in Appllications>Utilities) to see if you can reach and reset the AirPort?

If this is what you mean by:

but after i configure the airport express,

In which case, have you tried to reset the AirPort itself? There's a little detent on the side of the AirPort where you can push to reset.

I know this has worked for me in the past.

Cheers,

S.

Jan 22, 2013 2:27 PM in response to edex67

I figured it out, i knew exaclty how to set it up and everything, but the security settings for my ATT router as they were (WPA &WPA2) didn't work with the older model of the airport express, so i changed it to only WPA2 and now it works perfectly. I found it on a different apple discussion. Thanks anyway though guys.!! 🙂

Old Airport Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.