Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Library has ten more songs than my iPod. How can I find out which songs are not syncing?

My Library has ten more songs than my iPod. How can I find out which songs are not syncing?

I recently had to purchase a new hard drive. Because the size of my music collection exceeds 140 GB, I stored all of my music on a separate external hard drive. When I exported everything back into my new iTunes library, I found that I had about 200 more songs than I had in the previous library. After deleting most of those extraneous songs, I was able to get my library close to where it was before. However, after syncing to my iPod Classic, I noticed that only 34,853 of the 34,863 loaded. How can I figure out which of those ten songs in my library did not sync to my iPod?

Yellow12

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 9:00 PM

3 replies

Jan 20, 2013 11:24 PM in response to yellow12

It may be that the 10 songs are unchecked. To find them select songs view.

If there is a column Heading marked with a tick then click on it to sort by this column.

If the Column is not there then View > View Options and select the Checked column which will then display

Check the songs by putting ticks in the empty boxes and resynch. Now those tracks should go over as well

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.