Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Mail not work?

I've updated to Mountain Lion a couple of days ago, and now my Mail App doesn't work.

It says:

An error occured during the import. Make sure you have available space in your home folder and try again.

What home folder?

My other problem is that when I go to "System Preferences" and go to "Mail, Contacts, & Calenders" it keeps crashing on me, and I can't update my Facebook or my Twitter or any mail.

What's going on?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 10:00 PM

2 replies

Jan 21, 2013 9:29 AM in response to PacCka

Problems such as yours are sometimes caused by files that should belong to you but are locked or have wrong permissions. This procedure will check for such files. It makes no changes and therefore will not, in itself, solve your problem.

First, empty the Trash.

Triple-click the line below to select it, then copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C):

find . $TMPDIR.. \( -flags +sappnd,schg,uappnd,uchg -o ! -user $UID -o ! -perm -600 -o -acl \) 2> /dev/null | wc -l

Launch the Terminal application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Terminal in the icon grid.

Paste (command-V) into the Terminal window. The command may take a noticeable amount of time to run. Wait for a new line ending in a dollar sign (“$”) to appear.

The output of this command, on a line directly below what you entered, will be a number such as "76." Please post it in a reply.

Why does my Mail not work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.