Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An issue with fonts...

Before the update to V2 choosing fonts was quite straightforward - now the dropdoen menu shows ALL my fonts so I have to remember which ones are compatible.

I read that fonts can now be embedded? but i cannot find information on how this is done anywhere.

also we have been getting font warnings on my clients computer even though I don't get any on mine - any idea what the problem is? and how i can stop this confusion in the future?

Bett

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 2:18 AM

3 replies

Jan 21, 2013 5:25 AM in response to bett n_

bett n_ wrote:

Before the update to V2 choosing fonts was quite straightforward - now the dropdoen menu shows ALL my fonts so I have to remember which ones are compatible.

You don't need to worry about compatibility any more because normally fonts should be embedded automatically.

For non-Apple fonts you should check the Font Info in Fontbook > Preview to ensure they are embeddable.

Jan 19, 2014 7:20 AM in response to bett n_

Hi bett_n!

You only have to check if the fonts you want to use are either in ttf or otf. If they're in those formats you shouldn't have any problem on using them.

& be shure to activate them before exporting your ibook on fontbook!!

If you use any other font managing software to do so your custom font will be substituted by a system font on your devices despite the fact that in your ibooks author everything looks alright!

Have had the same problem before.

Hope this tips help!

& good luck with those ibooks!

An issue with fonts...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.