Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i get my com.apple.Finder plist back

If I reinsatll Lion will it put com.apple.Finder plist back in the library

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 6:04 AM

If this is the one in Preferences in your user library, if it's been deleted, that file should be recreated automatically as soon as you make any new modifications to the Finder preferences. Reinstalling for this would be like throwing out a perfectly good shirt because it's missing a button.

To see if it's there, enter ~/Library/Preferences in Go to folder from the menu.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2013 6:04 AM in response to charlesfromcorrales

If this is the one in Preferences in your user library, if it's been deleted, that file should be recreated automatically as soon as you make any new modifications to the Finder preferences. Reinstalling for this would be like throwing out a perfectly good shirt because it's missing a button.

To see if it's there, enter ~/Library/Preferences in Go to folder from the menu.

Jan 21, 2013 6:37 AM in response to charlesfromcorrales

Well, if some are mounting and others not, then two possibilities: one the optical drive is having trouble with some of them. But this would seem to apply to ones that have been burned, not commercial ones. Or the optical drive is randomly failing.

If you need to eject a disc that won't otherwise eject, enter the following in Terminal and hit return

drutil eject

Jan 21, 2013 6:42 AM in response to WZZZ

I just now noticed that if Disk Utility is open a disk shows up on the desktop and I can eject it normally. Disk Utility does not, however. show the disk and it sometimes really slow to show Super Drive too. When SuperDrive does show up and there is a disk inserted should I not be able to see in SuperDrive?

I have tried the terminal thing and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

What are the options if the optical drive is randomly failing?

how can i get my com.apple.Finder plist back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.