Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help!! Pages 09 :: Pages Files Can not be read - The Document Does Not Have A Valid Format

I used pages to write my coursework, but when I saved it, pages crashed...

Now I tried to reopen the file. It shows "The document ___.pages can not be read - The Document Does Not Have A Valid Format".

I've looked through the forum to find any fix methond. I tried the "zip solution" -> changes the file entention as .zip file.
But the still can not solve my problem. it shows the zip file can not be open..

I put my files in the following link.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16476040/Marketing%20Coursework.pages

Please could anyone try to offer me assistance. bacause it is very urgent.
I will be very grateful if anyone can help me.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 7:21 AM

8 replies

Jan 21, 2013 9:29 AM in response to panjau

I have tried several applications, attempting to get at even the raw text, all it does is lock up the applications.

This is one very damaged file.

As you are using Lion see if you can go back to a previous version. Search on the name and see if you can find the version file.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4753?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Peter

Jan 21, 2013 5:11 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Hi, Peter
I followed the instriction, and changed to root to locate /.DocumentRevisions-V100/

I can see several ______.pages file under the ./DocumentRevisions-V100/PerUID/

From the "Date Modified" attribute, I can find several __.Pages files that what I want.
But unfortunately, when I tried to open these version files, it still shows
The document can not be read. The Document does not have a valid format....

Please help!! Pages 09 :: Pages Files Can not be read - The Document Does Not Have A Valid Format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.