Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linksys E2500

I just changed my router to the Linksys E2500. It rocks!

2 questions about it and my AppleTV 2:

1. When I changed the router, the ATV2 didn't ask me to re-enter the network password. Our 2 iPads, iPhone, iPod Touch, and even our Monsoon Vulkano all made me re-enter the password. The ATV2 just carried-on like nothing had changed. Should I be worried that I setup something wrong on the E2500, and the ATV2 found a security loophole?

2. The E2500 has QoS. I have the QoS setup to give network priority to iTunes, but can I have it give the ATV2 priority as a device, or does QoS only work for software?

Thanks

Apple TV (2nd generation), iOS 6

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 11:43 AM

>the ATV2 didn't ask me to re-enter the network password

Did you use the same password? If so no reason for it to ask for it. Is the ATV using WiFi or a wired connection?

>but can I have it give the ATV2 priority as a device

That would be a question for Cisco. This is an forum for Apple devices. You should not need to either way. That router should have more than enough though put. I use the E3200 and have never had an issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2013 11:43 AM in response to Greg Robinson1

>the ATV2 didn't ask me to re-enter the network password

Did you use the same password? If so no reason for it to ask for it. Is the ATV using WiFi or a wired connection?

>but can I have it give the ATV2 priority as a device

That would be a question for Cisco. This is an forum for Apple devices. You should not need to either way. That router should have more than enough though put. I use the E3200 and have never had an issue.

Linksys E2500

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.