Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to batch reset iPhoto pic time to EXIF time

Hi gang,

I have found a bunch of old pics in my iPhoto library that don't have the correct time assigned to them. For example, a pic taken at 5 PM is listed in iPhoto as having been taken at 8PM. If I "Reveal in Finder", then open the pic in Preview, the EXIF time is correct (5PM).

Is there a way to have iPhoto reset pic times back to the original EXIF time? I found some old scripts (Joe's iPhoto Applescripts), but they look quite out of date. I would be anxious running them on my current library.

I am using iPhoto 11 (v9.4.2).

Cheers!

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 8:29 AM

3 replies

Jan 21, 2013 8:36 AM in response to LarryHN

Thanks LarryHN,

I was hoping for something more automated. Where I could either search for pics where the iPhoto time does not match the EXIF time, or a something where I could batch reset the time on a large group of pics. The problem is that I suspect I have this problem elsewhere in my library, but I have too many pics to be manually clicking around to see if the time is right.

Cheers!

Jan 21, 2013 8:52 AM in response to Phil McFarlane

I'm not sure how you have changed the date/time in iPhoto - but using smart albums you can identify photos form a specific camera - or many other attributes

in Events view the default sore is by date/time so I would expect the problem photos to be grouped together -- and in Photo view you can select several different sorts and by truning off show event titles you can view all of your photos as a single group

I'm not clear on whart you found or what you are expecting but the way to modify the contents of the iPhoto database is to only use iPhoto to do it - never make any changes of any sort directly to the files in the database

LN

Need to batch reset iPhoto pic time to EXIF time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.