Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

rented movie to iPad but won't play

I just went on vacation and rented 4 movies directly to my iPad in SD. They show on the videos app as there (but without pictures) but when I hit play nothing happened. This was on the plane. I've done this many times before and it always worked. Now...it didn't. Now that I'm home, it works.

Any ideas what's up with that? I can now watch these movies at home but that wasn't really the point.

Help appreciated for next trip!

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 9:25 AM

1 reply

Jan 21, 2013 9:50 AM in response to GlennaCross

Welcome to the Apple Community.

From my own personal experience, I have found that when I turn off the Wi-Fi on my Wi-Fi only iPad, I am still able to play rented movies on it. I have tried this perhaps four or five times and in each case, this has been the result. I have also noted that other users have had the same experience as I.

However saying that I have noted a small number of users that have stated they are unable to view rented movies without an Internet connection. This knowledge base article from Apple, also suggests that an Internet connection is required.

rented movie to iPad but won't play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.