Skip navigation

Watching Netflix... Internet Connection Drops Out Constantly...

1138 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2013 6:19 AM by DJB23 RSS
DJB23 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 21, 2013 9:34 AM

Hello,

Having a bit of trouble with my Apple TV 3 if anyone could help?

I am watching Netflix (over wifi) and suddenly it'll drop out and take me back to my home screen saying, "You are not connected to the internet.". I have an Apple Airport Express and all my other devices on this wifi network all work fine. So, I'm unsure what to do? I have changed the resolution from 1080p to 720p to see if that would help but it didn't. I have also reset and also completely wiped it clean and started again but still the same. Can anyone recommend what to do as a remody?

Thank you

Dave

• Brian Cook4 Level 4 Level 4 (1,820 points)

Make sure your ATV is updated to version 5.1.1.  There were some networking issues in 5.0.1.  If it is already updated then switch to a wired network.  Trying to do streaming video over WiFi rarely works well, even when using the really high end WiFi routers that are meant for it. 

If it is still happening I would try doing a factory reset on your router. (You will have to re-do it's configuration and passwords if you do this.)  And if it is still happening I would contact your Internet service provider to see if they throttle or limit bandwidth usage.  Some ISP's limit the amount of bandwidth you are allowed to use or limit traffice from services like Hulu, Netflix and iCloud.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.