Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding music to iphoto slideshow problem

...I know how & where to do this ie add music to slideshow prior to sharing to idvd (and have been successful) and where the add zone is and choosing song from media file and clicking apply. However, in this project, which is an actual slideshow not a slideshow made of a 'keepsake', the audio is not heard on slideshow via play or preview. Tried exporting to iDVD in case it appears there, but of course, it didn't. Any tips you can give? My other successful attempts on other projects were also from CD imports in my iTunes library. Thx

MacBook pro, iPod touch 1st gen

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 10:11 AM

10 replies

Jan 21, 2013 11:13 AM in response to boscoe j fritz

Do you have QT movie files in an iDVD slideshow with or without still photos? If so under settings make sure you don't have the last option, Duck audio whil playing movies, checked:

User uploaded file

If you have just a QT movie file in the slideshow it would be best if you added the music to it in iPhoto before exporting as a QT movie for inclusion in an iDVD project.

OT

Jan 21, 2013 12:54 PM in response to boscoe j fritz

The Share to iDVD creates a QT movie file of the book as a slideshow and adds it to the iDVD menu widow. The resulting QT file is saved in the Pictures/iPhoto Slideshows folder. Here's a test I just completed:

User uploaded file

So if you're not getting music in the resulting slideshow export it may be due to the fact that the audio tract used was purchased from iTunes and was protected. Those tracks can't be used in QT movie or iDVD projects.

Jan 23, 2013 9:26 AM in response to boscoe j fritz

I could say that your iDVD is on the "fritz" but won't (sorry, people do that with my name frequently and I just couldn't pass up this opportunity). 😉

However, you may have a bad preference file or cache.

Try this basic troubleshooting fix :

1 - delete the IDVD preference file, com.apple.iDVD.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete IDVD'S cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iDVD folder.

User uploaded file

3 - launch IDVD and try again.

Adding music to iphoto slideshow problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.