Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SOFTWARE UPDATE NOT WORKING ON Version 10.6.8

Hi ,

I have a Macbook Pro - running on OS X - Version 10.6.8 . When I check for software updates , it checks and shows me 13 pending updates . I chose the 'Install and Update' option , It restarts my computer and asks for my password and takes me back to the usual homescreen within seconds. If I check for software updates , it shows the same 13 updates pending , and seems like no software was updated. I have downloaded 'Apple Software Installer Update 1.0 , but no help.

Please help !

Thanks .

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 11:25 AM

8 replies

Feb 22, 2013 4:46 AM in response to elenimuller

When you're finished indert your os installer disk intot he optical drive. Then reboot holding down the 'c' key. When it boots to the installer disk from Utilities in the menu select Disk Utility. Then select your macintosh HD and run Repair Disk. If it's OK, quit DU and the installer and let it reboot. If it repairs something run Repair Disk again.

Feb 22, 2013 1:41 PM in response to sig

When I ran the disk repair, it cleared everything up. I installed every update one at a time and had no problem. The problem appears to be with Airport Utility. I tried installing it both from Software Update and after downloading the software from the Apple site. It failed both times. I get a dialogue box that says the update can't be installed. An unexpected error occurred. I wonder if this is what's causing the issue.

SOFTWARE UPDATE NOT WORKING ON Version 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.