Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Past events disappear from subscribed calendars in iCal

I've searched both in this community and online for a couple of hours but have not found a solution to this problem. In short, I subscribe to many calendars and would like all past events to stay in iCal so that I can search for them if I need to in the future (as I've done for years with calendars I've created on my own). I want iCal to keep a history of my life, so to speak. However, more often than not, past events disappear in my subscribed calendars. I'm assuming this is because the "owner" of these calendars deletes them for some reason (though this is just a guess on my part).

So, how can I prevent past events in subscribed calendards from disappearing in iCal, regardless of the changes the calendar "owner" might make? In other words, is there a way for me to save the past events as my own so that subscription updates do not delete them?

To clarify, I am specifically referring to past events from subscribed calendars in iCal 5.0.3 running on an iMac with OS X 10.7.5. I've already checked my iPhone, iTouch and iPad to make sure they're all set not to delete older items just in case they were possibly causing a problem, and they're fine. In addition, as long as those devices aren't affecting the content on my iMac, I don't care if they keep an accurate calendar history. I only want to ensure my iCal holds onto all events.

Thanks for your help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 11:19 AM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2013 10:05 AM in response to ehktexas

This response is for iPad/iPhone: Go into Settings, then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars". Open the individual settings for each email account separately. Each account gives you the option of turning on or off calendars. For Gmail and Yahoo email accounts on your device (and presumably other email service providers) turn OFF the calendar. What is happening is that the calendar settings in your Gmail/Yahoo email accounts may be overriding your device settings, hiding all calendar data after 30 days. The data should still be there, so once you turn off the other email calendars in your device, your device calendar should repopulate with all past calendar events. My Mac never had this problem - just my mobile devices. Hope this helps some of you!

Past events disappear from subscribed calendars in iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.