Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking to upgrade FCP 6 to FCP 7

Long story short, I've begun working at a studio still running FCP6 while myself and the other editors running Mac's all have FCP7. As everyone knows, FCP6 won't open 7 files nor does it have Prores LT or the updated log and transfer options. So my question is, how do I purchase only the FCP7 upgrade for the workstations at the studio? Is it possible without buying the Final Cut Studio bundle?

We are NOT switching to FCPX and will move to Adobe or Avid before that ever happens.

Thank you.

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 12:40 PM

>So my question is, how do I purchase only the FCP7 upgrade for the workstations at the studio?

ebay....craigslist... Your only option is to get a used copy somewhere. It's been out of print for nearly two years now.

>Is it possible without buying the Final Cut Studio bundle?

Nope. It only comes as part of the Studio 3 bundle.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2013 12:40 PM in response to robo931

>So my question is, how do I purchase only the FCP7 upgrade for the workstations at the studio?

ebay....craigslist... Your only option is to get a used copy somewhere. It's been out of print for nearly two years now.

>Is it possible without buying the Final Cut Studio bundle?

Nope. It only comes as part of the Studio 3 bundle.

Looking to upgrade FCP 6 to FCP 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.