Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create playlist in ipod touch/iphone programatically

Before 2012 version of iTunes, I was able to use the COM interface of iTunes to create a playlist on my iPod touch without any hassle. Now, at some point when I upgraded iTunes to the latest version, the playlists on my ipod touch are read only. Specifically, I used to be able to use the CreatePlaylistInSource method from the ITunesApp object but that's what fails now as it says the source (ipod touch) is not modifiable. I can not programatically delete tracks from a playlist either (same error message).

I noticed that the new user interface in iTunes changed such that if you want specific playlists on your iPod, you must select from a checkbox list of playlists. Is there any way to programatically check/uncheck the playlists? If so, that would probably solve my problem. I could paste my old code too if needed, but probably thinking generally how to create a playlist programatically on an iphone/ipod touch with today's version is the best way to go.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Itunes-OTHER, Windows 7, using COM API for iTunes

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 1:20 PM

There are no replies.

Create playlist in ipod touch/iphone programatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.