Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing a book in UK

So this is the thing.

My billing address is in Chile, because I live there. But for a few weeks I'll be staying in London.

What I'd like to do is to send my iPhoto book to my family in Chile, while I'm here. I understand that I wouldn't be able to do that, because Apple will ship the book only in UK, not to other foreign country. Is this correct?

Now, asuming that what I said is correct, how could I have the book here in London? Because it looks like there is no way of retiring the book by myself in some place in UK, since Apple will only ship it directly to my billing address, right?

The thing is that my billing address is actually in Chile like I said, so I don't have a clue about how should I proceed.

Any help will be appreciated! I don't want to miss the opportunity of printing the book while I'm in UK.

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 1:09 PM

6 replies

Jan 21, 2013 4:34 PM in response to Sherlock.Holmes

But I'm not sure you can order since your billing address is in Chile. If you're allowed to order from the United Kingdom Print Store you could have it mailed to your London address.

If there's an Apple store near you go there and ask how to get it ordered. Here in the US we can use Apple Gift Cards to order books. Not sure if that's available in the UK.

Jan 22, 2013 3:37 AM in response to Old Toad

How can I order from a Print Store? Because at this moment the only option that I'm seeing in iPhoto is to order from the same app via Internet to the billing address (which in this case would be a problem).

Regarding the second part of your comment, let's see if I understand. Are you suggesting that I could buy a gift card here in UK for the price that I'll have to pay in order to buy the book, and then to create a new Apple ID in the UK Store using my current address in London and the gift card as payment method?

Jan 22, 2013 8:13 AM in response to Sherlock.Holmes

Boy Sherlock you should have lost yoru edge at following clues

Regarding the second part of your comment, let's see if I understand. Are you suggesting that I could buy a gift card here in UK for the price that I'll have to pay in order to buy the book, and then to create a new Apple ID in the UK Store using my current address in London and the gift card as payment method?

No what OT said was very clear

If there's an Apple store near you go there and ask how to get it ordered. Here in the US we can use Apple Gift Cards to order books. Not sure if that's available in the UK.

In any case yes the only way you can get a book is by mail - there is no place to go pick one up - and the thing to try is to set y9our print products country to the UK and order using yoour UK address for the shipping address - not sure that will work but give it a try - our use OTs approach and go to the Apple Atore and ASK

LN

Jan 22, 2013 3:39 PM in response to LarryHN

Boy Larry, when I click "buy book" in iPhoto, after the login screen the system will ask me to put my shipping address and billing address. I could put my address in London as the shipping address, but when it comes to the billing address there are only a few limited options (Chile is not listed). So it looks like I'm having a hard time here.

Anyway, today I spent a few minutes discussing this issue in a local Apple Store. Surprisingly, they couldn't help me, so they asked me to pick up the phone and to call to some of the numbers that are on the Apple website so supposedly I can request the book and change the shipping address. However, and as I said before, the shipping address is not the issue, but the billing address!

And I'm not sure that the Apple Gift Cards are working here to order books. When I went to the payment information screen, I only had Visa, MasterCard and American Express as payment methods.

Printing a book in UK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.