Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GoPro3 sequence settings still have to render?

I have converted all my files with MPEG streamclip, I've changed my sequence settings and I still have to render my video clips when I bring them into my timeline, why?! So frustrating!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6), Final Cut Studio , Final Cut 7 etc

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 1:52 PM

32 replies

Jan 21, 2013 1:57 PM in response to dtoosh

Click on one of your converted files in your FCP Brower so that it is selected. Type Command + 9 to see the item properties for this clip. Either report those properties, or take a screen shot of the item properties and post that here.

Next, click anywhere in your sequence timeline, and type Command + 0 {zero} to see your sequence settings. Either report those sequence settings or take a screen shot of the sequence settings and post that here.

MtD

Jan 21, 2013 2:44 PM in response to dtoosh

Your sequence settings do not match your source material.

In FCP, make a new sequence (File > New > Sequence).

Edit or drop one of your source clips to the new empty timeline of the sequence you just created.

You should be prompted by FCP asking if you want to match your sequence settings to your source clips.

Say yes.

It may still require rendering as your source footage is in a non-standard pixel dimension, as Mr. Ross point out.

MtD

Message was edited by: Meg The Dog

Jan 21, 2013 3:25 PM in response to Shane Ross

Yeah no kidding, the new Hero3 shoots 60fps and about a half dozen other sizes but maaaaaaan trying to figure out these settings to edit is a pain so fair. Not to mention you have to convert all your files which means not a lot of same day edits if you plan on dong anything with your day!

Thanks for the feedback too guys its helping me understand FCP a lot better.

GoPro3 sequence settings still have to render?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.