Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2012 Macbook Pro freezing up and giving the pinwheel all the time.

Last week my macbook pro started freezing up whenever I am doing something. Whether i am just surfing the web, going through my folders, or in photoshop it just starts freezing up. When i have pandora the audio will cut in and out saying that shockwave has crashed. I went into my activity monitor and everything seemed to be normal, no applications taking up to much memory. Then i ran a complete hardware check and nothing was wrong. I then reset my osx and it took almost 24 hours but didn't change everything. Then yesterday i repaired my disk permisions and that fixed it. For a couple hours and now i am back to having my computer freeze. I am currently running osx 10.8.2. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or should i just take it into the apple store and see if they can help?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), proccessor 2.9 Ghz Intel core i7

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 3:38 PM

1 reply

2012 Macbook Pro freezing up and giving the pinwheel all the time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.