Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Studio Bitrate Too High

I am running DVD Pro Studio 4 and I am having a problem in trying to master a DVD.

To give you a little history. I made this same DVD a year ago with all of the same video assets, but I am adding one more video. I am compressing the video and audio in Compressor, using the same settings as I did on the previous videos, but I keep getting this error.

I have recompressed the video as much as I could, and I have recompressed the audio files as aac and also tried m4v.

I though it may have been in the new video I brought in because I took out the audio I still got the same error. So, I deleted everything from the new video, video and audio, and now it is saying the bitrate is too high on a video that didn't have a too high a bitrate last year.

I have tried putting this on a DL DVD, but it say I still have a high bit rate.

There is only 3.7gig of data, so this should work on a regular DVD.

I am pulling out my hair trying to figure this out. I don't know what else to do. I am a web designer that has fallen into this work, and video is not my background, so I don't have a lot of experience to draw on.

Can someone please help me. I need to get this DVD soon!

Thanks,

Steve

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 4:07 PM

5 replies

Jan 21, 2013 8:16 PM in response to keydin

>>I have recompressed the video as much as I could, and I have recompressed the audio files as aac and also tried m4v<<

Neither of those will help as both are incompatible with the DVD standard.

>>it is saying the bitrate is too high on a video that didn't have a too high a bitrate last year<<

What bit rate did you use? How long is the video (total run time for both videos)?

Did you use one of the available online bit rate calculators? http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=dvd+bit+rate+calculator&sourceid=ope ra&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest

Also make sure you're encoding the audio as Dolby Digital (.ac3). .AIF files will take up close to 10x space as an ac3 equivalent.

-DH

Jan 22, 2013 6:36 AM in response to David Harbsmeier

Ugg, this is what I get when I type a message when I am tired 🙂

On the audio formats, I meant to say that I tried ac3 and m4a. In the past I have gotten both to work.

As far as the video I am using One pass CBR with an average bitrate of 6.2mbps

I have also tried one pass avg. bit rate of 6 max bit rate of 7.5

actually there are 5 video, three of which the videos are being used twice (once as a music video with and without vocal) with a total run time of 25:10.

I also have 1.39gig of ROM data on the disc as well.

I ran this through the calculator, but I am not sure what this is telling me.

User uploaded file

Jan 22, 2013 7:29 AM in response to keydin

First, try resetting your dvdsp preferences using digital rebellion's preference manager.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2491

If that doesn't work, try putting each video in it's own dvdsp project and do a build to see which video is causing the problem. Then try recompressing the problem video.

If each individual video works ok, do you have any menus with video in them? You might try rebuilding the menus.

You might also have a corrupt dvdsp project. You can export any menus as "item descriptions" and bring them into a new project. And again, doing this step by step to see if one of the menus is causing the problem.

DVD Studio Bitrate Too High

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.