Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Started using TOO much data with iPhone 4. Was using less then 200mg a month now using over 500 ...?

I was using less than 200mg a month. On WiFi alot. I updates some apps (like 30) and started using 500+ per month. ATT no help.

iPhone 4

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 4:10 PM

6 replies

Feb 5, 2013 1:36 PM in response to aknight53

I am having this same issue. There has to be a way to go into the settings or some other menu and figure out how much data each app is using? I called Verizon, they said some apps run "widgets" in the background that can use a lot of data, but she couldn't figure out how to check this and told me I should contact apple - any one have any ideas????

Feb 5, 2013 6:05 PM in response to Heidi123

I looked around for more answers, found that people were having issues with iCloud updating during the middle of the night using the cellular 3g not wifi. I've turned off my cellular at home so it will only use wifi, and turn it back on only when I need it. I've also turned off the backup in icloud and will see how that goes. I also was told by an ATT&T support person to download an app called Onavo Count that will keep track of which apps are using the most data. Hope this helps.

Started using TOO much data with iPhone 4. Was using less then 200mg a month now using over 500 ...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.