Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore my keyboard and mouse?

I deleted my caches from my library folder and have lost my keyboard and mouse. If I reboot with both unpluged from USB I have them for a short time before I loose them again. Using Snow Lepord. My goal was to speed up my Mac. But, it has caused huge problems. Any suggestions? Is there a SL "achieve & install" feature that will repair my keyboard and mouse without deleting my harddrive?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 4:36 PM

4 replies

Jan 21, 2013 5:32 PM in response to stanlindseyphoto

I…have lost my keyboard and mouse.

Huh? What exactly has gone missing? The prefPane in System Preferences? BTW, what kind of keyboard and mouse? Wired, mighty, magic, etc? Provide the details.

Is there a SL "achieve & install" feature that will repair my keyboard and mouse without deleting my harddrive?

No. You just reinstall the OS. Only OS components and basic Apple apps are replaced. Normally, requires running Software Update afterwards to bring things up to the latest and greatest. Reinstalling doesn't touch user or network settings, data, or other apps.

How do I restore my keyboard and mouse?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.