Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it necessary to have 64GB for the iPad with Retina display.

I am interested in getting the iPad with Retina Display. I wonder if 32GB is enough, on the iPad 1st generation 16 GB was fine, but with double the resolution I wonder if I should double the size.

Is it worth getting the Retina Display?

Thanks for your input

iPad, Challenge authorizing iPad to iTune

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 5:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 5:53 PM

The higher resolution is hardly the overwhelming factor that contributes to reduction of storage capacity on the iPad. It is the number of apps, movies, TV Shows and things like that that take up the storage.

I have a 64GB iPad 3 with 170 apps, 2 HD movies, a couple of TV shows, 900 + photos, about 350 songs, several magazines in Newsstand and I have used about 21GB of the storage on the device.

IMO - the retina display is spectacular and well worth it.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2013 5:53 PM in response to Budgirl13

The higher resolution is hardly the overwhelming factor that contributes to reduction of storage capacity on the iPad. It is the number of apps, movies, TV Shows and things like that that take up the storage.

I have a 64GB iPad 3 with 170 apps, 2 HD movies, a couple of TV shows, 900 + photos, about 350 songs, several magazines in Newsstand and I have used about 21GB of the storage on the device.

IMO - the retina display is spectacular and well worth it.

is it necessary to have 64GB for the iPad with Retina display.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.