Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the cost to replace a keyboard w/water damage?

I have a unique water damage case... I had a bowl of grapes with some water on it and a tiny bit spilled on my keyboard early last month. I turned off my computer. It has been working fine since that time but half the keyboard doesn't work 😟 would that limited amount of damage (just need to fix the keyboard) cost the full $299? I've been using an external keyboard in the mean time so that has enabled me to still use my computer. But it has also made it a lot harder to take notes in class on my laptop. What's the standard rate for fixing a keyboard?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 5:39 PM

3 replies

Jan 21, 2013 5:44 PM in response to floatinginblue

if you get somebody good it should not be too expensive ! also you should have blown it dry with a vacuum or anything really and then let it dry in a warm area sumtimes it will even still work after that. Also if you cant find a good price too fix it i would go on ebay and buy one you will get a much better price and i have never had a issue with anything i have bought on ebay. you could get a good one for 50 to 100

what is the cost to replace a keyboard w/water damage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.